Get your daily, bite-sized digest of cryptoasset and blockchain-related news – investigating the stories flying under the radar of today’s crypto news.
- Domain and digital identity platform Unstoppable Domains announced that it entered the .com Namespace. Unstoppable users can now purchase “.com” addresses, the most popular type of traditional Web2 top-level domains (TLD) with over 157 million registrations, through its website. The company plans to enable all the features currently available for Web3 domains to work with users’ .com domains. “Soon customers will also be able to attach digital wallets to Unstoppable-managed .com domains, allowing them to effortlessly receive and send crypto to these easy-to-remember addresses via a simple and unified interface such as Coinbase Wallet and MetaMask,” the announcement said.
- Major wallet maker Ledger announced the second season of its metaverse game, The Ledgerverse, for self-guided Web3 learning built on The Sandbox. In this “episode” of the Ledgerverse, Into The Factory, players will embark on an internship at the Ledgerplex in Vierzon. Per the announcement, the team has built a voxelised version of our factory in Vierzon, and players will learn more about the history of Ledger, understand how Ledgers are created, enter the dungeon to complete missions that would allow them to learn about various possible attack vectors etc. In addition, the company is working with partners (Deadfellaz, Claynation, Agoria) to introduce side quests within the map. The first “episode”, School of Block, garnered over 1.5 million impressions and 300,000 participants, it said.
- STEPN, a move-and-earn Web3 app, announced its latest collaboration with two-time Grammy-nominated Steve Aoki, as part of the A0K1VERSE, the ecosystem that bridges the metaverse with the real world. Per the press release, the collaboration will allow users to purchase co-branded sneakers that have been designed with art by Steve Aoki. The co-branded digital sneaker collection will consist of 300 Steve Aoki x STEPN Collaborative Sneakers, available in four variations. 240 Sneakers will be up for auction, and 60 sneakers will be distributed to the Steve Aoki community. From October 31 to November 4, STEPN will be hosting the sales on the MOOAR Marketplace. The mint is taking place on the Solana blockchain for 3,500 GMT each.
- Decentralized finance (DeFi) platform Bril Finance today announced a partnership with the multichain decentralized exchange (DEX) PancakeSwap to integrate Bril’s automated portfolio management tool directly into PancakeSwap’s position manager. PancakeSwap’s position manager with Bril Finance enables millions of PancakeSwap users to deposit tokens, including USDT, BTCB, BNB, and ETH, into single-asset vaults, which are deployed into an underlying liquidity provision algorithm that runs “category-defining, automated rebalancing algorithms for high capital efficiency,” it said.
- Layer 1 blockchain Core DAO announced an integration with the omnichain interoperability protocol LayerZero and Avalanche to expand access to Bitcoin (BTC) through a BTC.b token bridge. This integration allows Core users to convert their BTC into BTC.b using LayerZero’s token bridge. They can transfer and access BTC.b on the Core blockchain and immediately use it on Core dapps and DEXes. “By enabling access to a Bitcoin-backed asset and expanding on the existing symbiotic relationship Core has with Bitcoin, BTCB.b will allow for unique developments atop a scalable, EVM-compatible Core,” it said.
- Bitcoin miner CleanSpark announced it surpassed a total hashrate of 10 exahashes per second (EH/s), “reaching a milestone that few publicly traded bitcoin mining companies have ever achieved,” it said. Per the press release, the company increased its hashrate by nearly 50% in the last five months alone and is more than halfway to its planned capacity of 16 EH/s. CleanSpark recently purchased 4.4 EH/s of Antminer S21 bitcoin mining machines, which are scheduled to be delivered in early 2024. Once plugged in, the company expects to reach a total hashrate of more than 20 EH/s.