5 Things to Know Before Markets Open
9 minutes ago
Here’s what investors need to know to start their day:
- Shares of SolarEdge Technologies (SEDG) dropped 25% in premarket trading after the company warned that in the second part of the third quarter, it experienced a substantial number of unexpected cancellations from European distributors.
- Knight-Swift Transportation (KNX) shares jumped nearly 18% in premarket trading after the company said it was able to offset a drop in third-quarter core revenue through improvement in its less-than-truckload business.
- CSX Corp. (CSX) said it expects the slower rail shipping trends from the third quarter to continue for the rest of the year, held back by caution from retailers.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Co. (HPE) shares fell 5% in premarket trading after its company guidance for fiscal 2024 was below analyst expectations.
- CVS Health Corp. (CVS) shares dipped nearly 1% after the pharmacy chain said it would remove some over-the-counter allergy and cold medicines after a U.S. Food and Drug Administration committee said a main ingredient, phenylephrine, was ineffective when taken orally.
Stock Futures Lower as Investors Seek Out Safe Havens
33 minutes ago
Futures contracts connected to the Dow Jones Industrial Average were about 0.2% lower in premarket trading Friday as investors, worried about a wider conflict in the Middle East, sought out the safety of gold and Treasury bonds.
S&P 500 futures were about 0.3% lower early Friday.
Nasdaq 100 futures fell about 0.4%.